We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Dear TA,

Help needed to help me choose after reading so many reviews:

1.Budget ard USD100 per night, per room. 2 rooms needed for family of 5 pax (3 Teens)

2. Clean rooms with clean beddings and not noisy. We ll be out of the room most times just a comfortable place to sleep at night.

3. Free car park needed

Comfort Inn Carmel by the sea or Adobe Inn? Or Stay in Pacific Inn at Pacific grove as someone said there is 2 rm apt but I cannot find the exact place.

Please advise for Mid dec accomodation. Shld I book now or wait till Nov for some winter offers if there are any.

Thanks a lot!

Shumshum

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Both of those properties are fine and in good locations. Another one you might want to consider is Casa de Carmel. www.carmelcalifornia.com :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Thanks syrahgirl for the website with lots of discount coupons. Glad to know the two shortlisted motels are clean n good.

Hope to share my trip when I get back! Thanks to all the wonderful TAs.

Cheers!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
648 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Here is the link to the Pacific Gardens Inn ...

http://pacificgardensinn.com/

This Inn is located in a quiet, forested area in Pacific Grove. It's a short walk to the beach and an easy drive to both Monterey and Carmel. We prefer to stay in this area which is much less touristy.

It appears they have a two bedroom with a queen/2 twins or also a 1 bedroom with 2 queens and a hide-a-bed ....

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

You are very welcome! Enjoy your time in Carmel! :).

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

Hi onesassymom,

Thanks for your info on pacific garden inn. It looks a little too quiet for us. Maybe we ll choose Comfort Inn Carmel by the bay since the location is good as we would like a place where we can walk to shops in case the driver hubby wants to nap. I was also told that it is clean and comfortable. Adobe inn is nicer but is also more expensive for us as we ll need two rooms.

I am sure i ll enjoy my California trip esp after all the help n guidance i get from all you wonderful TAs.

Cheers!

Many thanks to all again!

shreveport,La
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

You may want to check out the price of a cottage at Normany Inn.

Level Contributor
36,672 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

A couple of weeks ago we needed lodging in Carmel for one night, we didn't arrive until 9:30 pm and I found a great rate of $120/night at Normandy Inn. Our room was very pretty with a very comfortable bed, beautiful wood shutters that opened to a view of the pool and fountains. When we arrived, sherry and homemade cookies were out in the lobby.

Breakfast is included with your room, we also were given a late check-out. It was very nice to be able to walk to the shops, restaurants and the ocean from The Normandy and the price can't be beat! :)

Edited: 12:02 pm, October 29, 2011
8. Re: Accomodation needed for 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 30, 2012