We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding lodging for 1 night

Montreal
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Need help finding lodging for 1 night

Bonjour everyone, we will be driving from SF to LA on Saturday, August 13. We have decided to do a 1 night stop-over in Carmel.

However, I appear to have run into a road block of sorts.

After calling several B&B's and unsuccessful online booking with hotels, there appears to be a 2 night minimum in Carmel...

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage sons, so a room with 2 queen size beds or a pull-out would work.

I would even be willing to book 2 rooms, if necessary.

We greatly appreciate any help the local experts could provide.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding lodging for 1 night

Bonjour (love Montreal)! It's been too long since we've been to lovely Carmel, but we really enjoyed the Tickle Pink Inn. Other accommodations to check, if you haven't already, might be:

Colonial Terrace Inn

Cypress Inn

Carmel Mission Inn

Carmel Wayfarer Inn

Two night minimums (at least on the weekends) are common in Carmel. I wish you the best in finding a great overnight spot.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,726 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding lodging for 1 night

Most B&B's cater to couples, not families in this area. I suggest looking for lodging in Monterey, which has better family options and less chance of the 2 night minimum. Monterey & Carmel are minutes apart from each other, so you can easily visit one while staying in the other.

The Best Western Beach Resort Monterey doesn't have the 2 night minimum and is right on the beach. A good option for families.

Additional possible options: Monterey Bay Inn, Monterey Bay Lodge, Portola Hotel, Sunset Inn (Pacific Grove), Lover's Point Inn (Pacific Grove).

Good luck

3. Re: Need help finding lodging for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 06, 2012