We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel Accomodation

Townsville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel Accomodation

Hi all, We are an Australian family planning on travelling to US in Feb 2012. I have been checking on Expedia for Carmel accomodation. Most accomodation is booked out or does not accommodate a family of 4 in one room or is ridiculously expensive (over $500 a night). What is going on? Is there a special event at this time? Looking for up to $200 a night, 2 nights, 2 adults & 2 kids, central location. Complimentary breakfast would be a nice bonus. Any ideas?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel Accomodation

Hi. The AT&T Pro Am golf tournament will be from Feb 6-12, so that's probably the problem. If you give me your exact dates, though, I'll take a look.

If it's possible to change your dates to be here before or after that week, that's likely going to be your best bet. All the surrounding towns will have the same issue with lodging during that time. I hope that your plans are flexible because this area is well worth visiting.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel Accomodation

Mystery solved! Thanks for quick response & explanation, PG. I'll check with my travel agent for other possible dates, then get back to you. Don't want miss this town.

3. Re: Carmel Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 02, 2012