We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel to Santa Barbara

southampton,pa
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel to Santa Barbara

We will be in Carmel the very end of August. Any idea if HWY 1 will still be closed. Our main reason for coming is to drive Big Sur down the coast. After reading the posts (had no idea it was closed) thank you TA -- I'm wondering if I need to rething our trip out there.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We were so looking forward. Thank you.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel to Santa Barbara

Highway 1 just reopened. You should be fine in August, barring future storms.

southampton,pa
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel to Santa Barbara

Thank you so much - I did find something that stated that after my post, but it's always good to hear it from someone else. Now I can continue planning!

Thanks again.

Richmond, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carmel to Santa Barbara

Here are two links that may help you. The first has average driving times along the coast. The second is a list of things to do and see in Big Sur, the 90 miles of coast between Carmel and Cambria.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g240329-i513-k3068…

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i14592-Big_Sur_…

4. Re: Carmel to Santa Barbara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 03, 2012