We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

Nottingham
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

We are getting married in Vegas this July. We are leaving the day after to stay in San Fran for a a few nights and then driving to Carmel. We are from the UK and have never been to Carmel, i hear it is really stunning. Can anyone recommend a romantic hotel, with perhaps a sea view and balcony etc? Thanks

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,817 posts
6,430 reviews
1. Re: Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

First, Congratulations.

It depends in part on what your budget is....

There are fabulous resorts (albeit very expensive) in the Pebble Beach area of Carmel. These include for example Pebble Beach Resort and the Lodge at Spanish Bay.

http://www.pebblebeach.com/

If you go a few miles south of Carmel, there are other places to stay (more road noise, not as easy to get to the water, but still nice)

such as The Tickle Pink.

http://www.ticklepinkinn.com/

Or if you just want a nice bed and breakfast with a fantastic view of the ocean, the Green Gables Bed and Breakfast in Carmel is nice.

http://www.greengablesinnpg.com/

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

Also look at the Monterey Plaza Hotel. It has rooms with balconies over the water, a very good restaurant (the Duck Club), and a spa.

Pacific Grove
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

Congratulations on your upcomming wedding!!!

For a honeymoon, you need someplace special to stay. Not another big hotel like you can find anywhere, but a truly unique, extraordiary place which will cater to all your needs and make your honeymoon remarkable. Most honeymooners spend a large amount of time in their room, so you want a room with a comfy bed, spa tub, and all the ammenties you could want. Here is my advice:

Don’t stay at the Monterey Plaza as previously suggested. This is just another big hotel with a big ticket price with no personal touches. Good for a regular trip, not for something as special as a honeymoon.

My top picks for romantic lodging in Carmel and Monterey:

1) Old Monterey Inn (check out their reviews on Trip Advisor and you will see why you will want to consider this 4 Star B&B for your honeymoon)

2) La Playa Hotel in Carmel – fabulous location, breathtaking views, luxurios rooms

3) Ventana Inn in Big Sur – secluded, luxurious rooms along the Big Sur Coastline

To help plan the rest of your trip, I always recommend visiting www.montereyromance.com for great restaurants and romantic itineraries to plan all the details.

If you have any questions, let me know! Congratulations again!!!

Laguna Niguel, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
4. Re: Honeymoon in Carmel, need romantic hotel

If you are into REAL luxury, serenity, and pampering, and have about $300/night, and want REAL peacefulness and terrific service, try Bernardus Lodge! There is a 5-star restaurant right there (Marinus - a Zagat "28" rating), and you have views of either a garden, vineyard, or overlooking Carmel Valley. Plus, the spa is unBELIEVABLE! They have a package that includes two spa treatments per day, and if you were to pay for the spa alone, your room would be about $100per night!! If you want it to be private, serene, and peaceful, then go to Bernardus. (In fact, that is where I'm planning on going for MY honeymoon, after three days of skiing Tahoe, of course!)