We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding in Carmel?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding in Carmel?

Does anyone know of a place you can go horseback riding in Carmel? Weather permitting, I'd like to go when I'm in town.

Level Contributor
36,321 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding in Carmel?

Check out the Pebble Beach Equestrian Center or Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley, about 12 miles from Carmel. Have fun! :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding in Carmel?

Call Carmel Valley Ranch, a hotel. They arrange horseback with a company up the hill from the resort. We went several years ago and had a great time.

Also, there are several wineries in the the area if you want to make a day of it.

It's a nice drive from Carmel, but if you are going by taxi, I think we paid about $60 round trip.

Gidde Up!

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding in Carmel?

My husband and I went horseback riding at the Pebble Beach Equestrian Center on our vacation to Carmel in September. I highly recommend it. Everyone was very friendly. Our ride was through the Del Monte Forest, around Spyglass golf course, and in the sand dunes on the way to the beach, crossing 17 Mile Drive in the process. It was awesome! You won't be disappointed!!!