We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

Any recommendations for 2 nights lodging on the Monterey Peninsula? My husband and I are driving from San Fran down to LA and stopping to explore along the way. We are looking for something $150-$225 in late March, in any of the towns (Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel) - preferably something intimate/romantic, but not overly frilly/flowery. We are late-20s and are hoping to walk around, eat some great meals, read and relax. Hot tub is a big plus, in room WiFi/internet access is a necessity.

So far I am considering:

Inn at 213 Seventeen Mile Drive (PG)

Green Gables (PG)

Old Monterey Inn (Monterey)

Tickle Pink (Carmel Highlands - but is it worth the money???)

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

The Tickle Pink Inn is very nice and in a very scenic area of Carmel, the HIghland's area which is distinguished by the gorgeous, rocky coastline here. The TPI has a wine and cheese reception, a very nice terraced outdoor hot tub and a very good breakfast buffet in the morning. We had an oceanview room that was very nicely appointed and comfortable.

Right next doos is the Highland's Inn where we have stayed several times, they have two great restaurants there. In Carmel proper, we like Bouchee and Casanova. Have fun! :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

Green Gables has a better location than 213 as it's just across the street from the water and has great views. It's also across from the recreation trail--you can walk to Cannery Row in one direction and along the coastline in the other. From Green Gables, you can walk to many excellent restaurants in downtown PG: Red House Cafe, Max's Grill, Fandango.

Old Monterey Inn is beautiful and more secluded. It's in a residential neighborhood of Monterey--not near the ocean, but it has gardens. You can walk to Del Monte Center, where there are a few restaurants, but they're chains: California Pizza Kitchen, P.F. Changs--and it's a fairly hefty walk.

I don't know if either of these places has a hot tub or WiFi--have you checked?

Chicago
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

I think Inn at 213 has WiFi and hot tub, as does Tickle Pink.

I think Old Monterey Inn has WiFi.

Green Gables might have WiFi, too - not sure on that one.

But if there are any other nice yet affordable lodging options I am missing, let me know!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

Green Gables does not have WIFI available as of my last visit this spring. Call or contact the innkeeper (Lois) using www.foursisters.com. Green Gables doesn't have hot tubs, but, rather, some of their rooms have jacuzzi tubs, but are above your price range.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

You might try looking into the Old St. Angela Inn in Pacific Grove.

6. Re: Need lodging - 2 nights on Monterey Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 08, 2009