We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

We often go to Carmel, but this time I need a restaurant for 9 for a birthday. Love Bouchee but have been hearing bad things lately. Anybody have recent experience there? Pacific Edge is closed the night we need to go.

Any other ideas (we are a bit foody but don't want to go as expensive as Auberge)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

I think my favorite Carmel restaurant is Grasing's. I love good food, but wouldn't call myself a 'foodie" since I'm not into wine, etc. I don't think you'd be disappointed at Grasings. www.grasings.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

Of course you can go to Casanova (www.casanovarestaurant.com) or the Mission Ranch Restaurant (www.missionranchcarmel.com) - either of these places can accommodate a large group. Recently, I ate at Christoper's on Lincoln ( www.christophersonlincoln.com) and the food was great there as well... we have also enjoyed eating at Nico's (www.nicorestaurant.com) on San Carlos btwn. Ocean and 7th.

Though, Grasings is great as well.. I'm not sure if they can accommodate a party of 9... any of these noted restauarants will be great.

Have a great time!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

thanks. We stayed (and ate) at Mission Ranch and had the birthday dinner at Casanova. Casanova is a bit kitchy and overpriced but the service was great, environment perfect and we had a great time.

Level Contributor
35,740 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

If you like Italian food, Little Napoli is very good, the Highland's Inn also has a casual restaurant, California Market which is very good, the views are stunning from the inside and outside dining areas here. Porta Bella may be able to accomodate you also, a quaint little restaurant in downtown Carmel. Enjoy your time in Carmel! :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

We had a group lunch at Casanova this past week and it was great--good food, wine, service.

6. Re: Restaurant for Birthday dinner in Carmel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 07, 2009