We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

California
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

I'm looking for recommendations for a very nice family suite/cottage with two bdrm/2 bth in the village of Carmel to go for a special occassion with my extended family. Thanks!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

Strongly recommend the Colonial Terrace (www.colonialterrace.com)--great location and ambience with ocean views. Out of the busy village center, but you can still walk to restaurants, shops, etc. You can get adjacent rooms that connect to make a family suite--but reserve as early as possible in order to get what you want.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

Was just doing planning for my own trip to Carmel and noticed that the La Playa Hotel has a 2 bedrm/2 bath cottage. They also have a 3 bedroom cottage. I love this classic Mediterranean hotel and their beautiful grounds (nice restaurant too)! Their website is: www.laplayahotel.com

Level Contributor
36,644 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

We're booked in for a King Oceanview Room at La Playa soon. I'll post a report when we return. It is about a two block walk to the beach from the property. Cheers!

Level Contributor
36,644 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

Just as Forestvilian said, La Playa was wonderful. I fell in love with the place the minute we walked into the property. The grounds, service, pool, restaurant (Terrace Grill) location were all perfect. We dined at Bouchee in Carmel for my birthday dinner, I highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion celebration. :)

TX
Level Contributor
163 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for nice family suite/cottage

Check out Normandy Inn-Carmel http://www.normandyinncarmel.com/

They do have a suites/family cottages. Call and see what's available. They are located blocks from Carmel Beach.