We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

Which Carmel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

HI Everyone....

Yup I'm looking to propose to my GF in either Carmel or Monterey... We have never been to either but I heard it's quite the Romantic / beautiful place....

Just wondering if you can give me any insights. thoughts/ locations ideas?

The Time frame I'm thinking is sometime in July..... :-)

Any info would be appreciated....

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

Carmel!!!! Have you considered Cambria's Moonstone Beach?

Well, whatever, stay healthy and happily married! Congrats!

Tet

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

If you're looking for something more natural, less manmade, I'd consider Point Lobos State Reserve. There are many areas where you can get some relative seclusion, and get to view some very awesome meetings of land & sea. Waves pounding on the rocks, etc.

If you were thinking of doing it at a restaurant, I'd say you can't beat the deck at Nepthenthe. http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

In between..... Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. Sit her on a bench or spread out a blanket.... waves crashing in the background... or walk her down to the beach....

and if she doesn't say yes....throw her in the ocean.....LOL

Illinois
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

Carmel is more romantic. We even found my ring at a shop in Carmel, so I think of Carmel everytime I look at my finger. If you don't already have the ring and you want something unique, you can find it at Fourtane Estate Jewelry, which is on Ocean, I think, right near the Pine Inn. They had a really wide variety of rings, from plain to ornate.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

Book one of the panorama suites. I stayed in room 32 and it was exceptional. You will not be disappointed however it might be hard to get a room in July at this late date. We were there in April and were lucky enough to book at a reduced rate later in the day.

USA
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

HI ...

Can you tell me what hotel you were referring to that had the panoramic Suites?

Thx

No. California
Level Contributor
448 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

I'd vote for Point Lobos, with a celebration dinner at Pacific Edge restaurant (window seat) . Excellent restaurant at the Headlands Inn just next to Point Lobos. Congrats!

8. Re: Looking to Propose ..... Monterey or Carmel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 02, 2009