We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel - choice and location

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel - choice and location

Can't decide where to book in Carmel. 3 choices Adobe Inn , Svendgaards inn or Briarwood inn. Which has the best location? We are 2 adults 2 teenage boys and have decided Carmel instead of Monterey. We will have a car to explore the area. Any advise welcome.

2 replies to this topic
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel - choice and location

Carmel is quite small, and all three inns are in fine locations, close to shopping and restaurants. You won't need a car to get around town from any of the inns, so I would choose based on your personal preferences, reviews, etc. I'm sorry that I have no personal knowledge of the quality of the inns, but I doubt that you would go wrong with any of the them. I think that Carmel is a good choice. It takes 10 minutes or so to drive to Monterey and Pacific Grove (if you want to see the Monarch Butterflies, you can visit the Sanctuary in Pacific Grove if you're coming between now and mid-March). If you want to explore Pebble Beach, you can access it from downtown Carmel through the Carmel Gate, which is off of San Antonio Ave.

Level Contributor
38,830 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel - choice and location

You might want to look into The Normandy Inn also, it is right in the heart of Carmel and there is a small heated pool there. It is an easy walk to the beach also. :)

Reply to: Carmel - choice and location
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted