We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

1 post
Honeymoon

Fiancé and I are going to Carmel for our honeymoon. End of June to 4th or July. What all is there to do for newlyweds or the best place to stay for a honeymoon?

6 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Honeymoon

"...What all is there to do for newlyweds..."

--------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm...... let me think of that for a bit.

I got it..... Perhaps rent a car and go south through Big Sur (roads should be open by then).

Plenty of scenery and hiking opportunities.

Head over to Salinas for the John Steinbeck Museum

Explore the Elkhorn Slough Marine Reserve (a little north)

Spend a day In Santa Cruz

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,063 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Honeymoon

Tickle Pink Inn in the Carmel Highlands is popular with honeymooners.

Also look at La Playa, L'Auberge, Monterey Plaza Hotel and Seven Gables Inn.

Monterey Bay Aquarium, Point Lobos, Carmel Beach, Big Sur, rec trail along the Pacific Grove shoreline, Santa Cruz beaches (Sunnier/warmer

than Monterey/Carmel area beaches).

Keep in mind that June/July is fog season along the California coast.

Edited: 2:14 pm, October 17, 2017
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,868 posts
6,430 reviews
3. Re: Honeymoon

If you want to stay in Monterey, suggest Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa.

This will be good for Cannery, aquarium, scenic views, etc.

If you play golf, of course Spanish Bay Inn or Pebble Beach Lodge is perfect on 17 mile drive.

If you want a very nice view from restaurant, room, then Hyatt Highlands is very nice. Its south of Carmel, so its a drive to see things but very romantic.

for newly weds - Lovers Point, a nice walk on Asilomar State Beach, wine tasting in Carmel Valley, romantic dinner(s) out.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
4. Re: Honeymoon

Carmel's forested village atmosphere is better suited to a honeymoon, but if you prefer a busy urban environment Monterey can be nice, too. It really depends on your interests. One of my personal favorite properties is Mission Ranch in Carmel. Very romantic, peaceful views of Point Lobos across a sheep pasture, and a historic setting. They also have a variety of room types to suit a variety of needs and budgets.

This page I put together will help you better understand the pros and cons of our diverse lodging neighborhoods. montereypeninsula.info/guide/lodging.html

July 4th is crazy busy around here, so make your reservations early.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Pebble Beach...
Level Contributor
30 posts
37 reviews
5. Re: Honeymoon

Lodging runs from the quaint (Mission Ranch as MrToy mentioned), to the classic contemporary (InterContinental in Monterey), to the most beautiful views (Tickle Pink in or Highlands Inn in Carmel Highlands), to the elegant but central L'Auberge in Carmel (a Relais & Chateaux property). The La Playa Hotel is also a wonderful choice in Carmel for honeymooners.

Activities range from skydiving from the highest altitude in the US (18000') in Marina, to hiking in Big Sur or Carmel Valley, to a self-guided wine walk (or one where you ride a hay trailer pulled by a tractor!). The beach is beautiful but the water is cold, better suited to kayaking or SUPing. You can watch the sun set over Point Joe from the patio at the Inn at Spanish Bay, and hear the bagpiper bring in the last foursome on the course. Romantic meals await, any time of the day. For a range of foods try a food tour. Explore the wealth of agriculture in the area and taste the best vegetables and seasonal fruits you've ever had. And MrToy is right about another thing - make your reservations early!

Edited: 7:36 pm, October 18, 2017
Level Contributor
39,086 posts
1,014 reviews
6. Re: Honeymoon

Tickle Pink is lovely for a honeymoon. It is a smaller hotel that offers many nice amenities including an outdoor terraced hot tub, champagne upon arrival, breakfast buffet and wine and appetizers in the late afternoon. This hotel has beautiful oceanviews also.

We had dinner last night at Little Napoi in Carmel, I highly recommend a meal here, you should call and make an advance reservation. Have fun! :)

Reply to: Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted