We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lego Land

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Enola, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lego Land

hello, I am planning a trip to lego land for a birthday party! I have never been to California and , Lego Land is in Carlsbad, CA.. First question, what is the closes air port to fly into for Carisbad, since not knowing the area would like to stay as close a possible..We can rent a car if it is recommend thanks!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lego Land

You can get a flight to San Diego which is about 30 minutes or so south of Legoland. Many people combine a visit to San Diego with Legoland with activities such as Seaworld, Balboa Park museums, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Safari park, and many other attractions. Taking a day trip to Disneyland is also popular as it's only an hour or so north (without traffic) and one can still use San Diego as their base.

I'm in Carlsbad about twice a month but have never sayed at a hotel there. I can't give you any recommendations there.

Dr. Z

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lego Land

Your main two choices are San Diego Lindbergh Field (SAN) and John Wayne (aka Orange County/Santa Ana/SNA) and maybe even Long Beach (LGB). All are easy Freeway access. Listed in the order of closest to farthest.

Carlsbad has a commuter airport, and you might find a connecting flight through your airline, but a "separate purchase" is very expensive

And yes, LEGOLAND is best with a rental car.

Some folks base themselves in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area, to take advantage of Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, and Adventure City in the immediate area, and then take a day trip (Gray Line is the most popular "Bus" service if you don't have a rental car) to LEGOLAND.

3. Re: Lego Land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, October 23, 2012