We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

running in Carlsbad.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
running in Carlsbad.

Will be in Carlsbad for a week at the end of March. Where are the best places to run in Carlsbad?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,675 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: running in Carlsbad.

How about on a beach??

Riverside, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: running in Carlsbad.

Running is a popular pastime in Carlsbad, there is a sidewalk/boardwalk that goes for miles along the beach. The area is very jogger friendly.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: running in Carlsbad.

Previous posters captured it well ... Carlsbad Boulevard runs along the coast and is a good place to run. The beach walk runs from Tamarack (south) to Pine (north). The beaches are not rocky and you can run on them even during high tide.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
85 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: running in Carlsbad.

Just adding to what others have said......

My favourite run is down at the beach in the Carlsbad Village area. I park at the lot on the north end (opposite Pine Street and accessed from Ocean Street if you have a map) which is free to park in but can be very busy on a nice day. I usually run from Pine Street/Carlsbad Boulevard south to Cannon Road and back and its just over 3 miles. Just be warned that if you go after work hours on a week day or on the weekend it can be busy - even in March.

Alternatively I also like the trail along Batiquitos Lagoon on the south side of Carlsbad. Its a little more difficult to find but there is parking at the end of Gabbiano Lane and the trail heads east from there along the north side of the lagoon.

Enjoy!

5. Re: running in Carlsbad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 08, 2010