We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland trip report -- long!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
747 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland trip report -- long!

We took our kids, ages 7, almost 4, and 2, for a day at Legoland, and we all loved it! For the younger two, they liked it better than Disneyland and Sea World. Legoland was open 10-5 the day we were there in the off season, and although there was rarely a wait for a ride, we stayed busy all day.

We started with Safari Trek, a mild ride which we all loved, then my older two did Coasterasaurus, which the almost-4-year-old didn't like, although it is a very mild coaster. We all loved gentle Fairy Tale Brook, and since nobody was waiting, they let us go around twice.

Because the 2-year-old was too young for Volvo Driving School, we took him to Playtown, where he had a blast exploring. He played there and rode the little Legoland Express train while we took the older two to their respective driving schools (Volvo Driving School for the older one and Volvo Junior for the smaller one). For both of them, this was their favorite ride of the day. Having the freedom to drive a car using their own steering and pedals was great fun for them.

We all rode Sky Patrol and did the Fun Town Fire Academy...this one was a lot of fun. It was a bit of a challenge to juggle the fire department tasks along with directing the young children to do their tasks, but the ride operators helped, and everyone had fun. All the kids liked the Factory Tour, and my older one went through the Adventurer's Club.

We all went on Flight Squadron then on to Skipper School, where each of our kids drove a boat. I was in the boat piloted by our 2-year-old, who managed to find a way to get us backwards, and he got outraged with me every time I tried to help! I did Captain Cranky's Challenge with the older two, then we had lunch overlooking the lake.

We spent some time in Miniland...I think my kids would have been happy to spend hours there. There were lots of moving parts...boats and cars, and one cool bungee jumper. We did the Coast Cruise, then I went on the LegoTechnic Coaster with my daughter...we agreed this was the best coaster in the park. We all enjoyed the Lost Kingdom Adventure...the toddler enjoyed shooting his laser, even though he didn't get any points!

Next the kids rode Cargo Ace...airplanes go around an oval track, and they get whipped around at the ends...the kids loved this one so much, they went on it three times. The little ones played with their dad in Pharroh's Revenge while mn daughter and I rode The Dragon and Knight's Tournament, my favorite ride of the day. Because she was only 48", we were only allowed to go up to a level 2 (out of 5), but it was still a pretty crazy fun ride.

We wound up the day eating Granny's Apple Fries and playing at The Hideaways, a very cool climber. The little ones were exausted, but they just kept going until closing time! This is a wonderful park for toddler and preschool children. All of the rides were really nice and most were appropriate for all ages. But if you have a child too young to sit next to you on a ride (not on your lap), there won't be much for them to do. But our family really loved it!

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland trip report -- long!

Very nice trip report - I think you captured the park well. We've had annual passes since my daughter was two (she is now eight). She still wants to renew because she still has a great time.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
613 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland trip report -- long!

Thanks for the great trip report. We too have been annual passholders for years. From being too little for rides to now being too big for some of them. My daughter, soon turning 11, has now decided she has outgrown Legoland.

I must admit - it makes me a bit sad to know we won't be regular visitors at Legoland any more.

3. Re: Legoland trip report -- long!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 am, October 14, 2009