We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

We have reservations at both the Homewood Suites and West Inn and Suites. I have read the reviews on both and am trying to decide which one would be the best for a family vacation. We are a family of four so we would get the largest room at either location. Any feedback you have would be helpful.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

Personally, I would move to either of the Best Westerns in downtown Carlsbad. The hotels you mention are in areas where there is essentially nothing within walking distance. Don't get me wrong - the areas are nice and the hotels you mention are just fine. But I think you will be much happier closer to downtown with the beaches, dining, and shopping.

Lawrenceville...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

Thanks for the feedback. We would love to be where there is more to do. I was a little concerned about the quality of a Best Western hotel. I have read the reviews and they seem positive. I will check the rates and consider the Best Western Beach View Lodge also as an option.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

The two Best Westerns are both very acceptable. My sisters and their families have stayed at both the one on the beach and the one across the street from the beach. Both are good hotels.

Boulder, CO
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

I have the exact same dilemma, as those were the two hotels I picked out in Carlsbad, given that I have a family of 4 (2 little kids) and wanted a suite.

Are there any decent hotels in the downtown area that are relatively new and have suites?? I'm not opposed to a Best Western or the like but would prefer a suite and the BWs have gotten somewhat mixed reviews.

THANKS in advance for any comments.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

My sisters have stayed with their families at both Best Westerns and have never had a negative word to say about these hotels. They are both right in the heart of the downtown area so you'll be able to walk to all kinds of dining and shopping, not to mention the beach.

The other hotels you are considering essentially have nothing within walking distance. I believe the Best Westerns both have suites (I know the one on Carlsbad Blvd does because one of my sisters has used it).

6. Re: Homewood Suites vs. West Inn and Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, September 30, 2009