We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland/Hotel 2

Which Carlsbad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland/Hotel 2

Thanks to all for the info on my prev post. My question now is weve narrowed it down to a few hotels around legoland but im not finding any recent reviews to help out so maybe you can. Were looking at days inn in encinitas and oceanside, super 8 carlsbad, quality inn oceanside and carlsbad, la quinta, and motel 6 in carlsbad (since their looks like 3 or so if you know which is the better ones would be nice). We just want a clean place to sleep in a good part of town within the legoland area and maybe nice beach area for the kids to enjoy. Thanks again for all the info.

San Marcos, CA
Level Contributor
260 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland/Hotel 2

I have not stayed at any of the hotels, but can tell you a little about the surrounding areas...

I would say a definite no on the Quality Inn in Oceanside...though that part of town is turning around, it's still bit shady.

The Days Inn in Oceanside, is within walking distance of the beach...it seems to have good reviews.

The Motel 6 East (paseo del norte) in Carlsbad is the closest hotel to Legoland and near the Outlet Mall/Flower Fields and within walking distance to a few fast food restaurants.

The Quality Inn, La Quinta, and Motel 6 South (all Carlsbad) are within a few blocks of each other. There is I think a Beni Hana's within walking distance. These are near the Coaster (not sure of train noise?) and near a Ralph's grocery store/strip mall.

The Motel 6 in Downtown Carlsbad, and the Super 8 in Carlsbad are more near the 'Village' of Carlsbad and very close to the I-5 freeway.

The Days Inn in Encinitas is near a Denny's restaurant and a great kid's beach (moonlight beach) is just down the street. As well as "downtown " Encinitas, which has many great restaurants.

Hope this helps...

San Diego
Level Contributor
296 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland/Hotel 2

If you can get a decent rate, I'd go with the Days Inn in Encinitas. It's a bit farther south than the Carlsbad motels, but it's cleaner. About a year ago I did mystery shopping for American Express at most of these motels. I would definitely not stay in the Motel Six on Pio Pico, the Super 8 in Carlsbad, or the Quality Inn in Oceanside. The motels on Avenida Encina gets lots of complaints in TA reviews for the noise. All of them back up to the freeway. I don't think the train noise is nearly as bad as the freeway.

Mary

Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland/Hotel 2

We just spent 3 nights at the La Quinta Inn Carlsbad on Macadamia. For the price, it can't be beat! Great location to many activities, too! Very easy to find and get to and from.

I would recommend requesting a room at the end of the hotel away from the freeway. Our room was 262 and was clean, comfortable and quiet. It was an end room with the window facing west...the farthest away from the freeway. We were able to sleep with the window open without being disturbed by freeway noise. I can see where being at the other end would be too noisy.

When you are at Carlsbad Beach, go to a place called Knockout Pizza. It was some of the best I have ever had....$6.00 for 2 large pieces of pizza and a drink.

4. Re: Legoland/Hotel 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 01, 2009