We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage proposal tonight

Southern California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Marriage proposal tonight

Tonnight my dear friewnd is proposing to his girl..any suggestions on a good spot to propose marriage before dinner at Shadowbrook. Hubby and I will be sneaking in the background taking pictures.

Thanks

Level Contributor
35,920 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage proposal tonight

There is a very nice beach there, dinner at the Shadowbrook will be perfect. Let them know it's a special occasion. :)

Southern California
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage proposal tonight

Thank you!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage proposal tonight

OK- I'm too late on this, but I had to respond anyway!

Last year we visited Capitola and had dinner at Shadowbrook. This was just before our daughter's now fiance proposed to her. Knowing that the proposal was imminent, I couldn't help but think of how that restaurant would have been a perfect proposal location... in particular, we talked about how cool it would be to get on the little elevator, stop it midway and propose on the way down to the restaurant! Don't know it anyone has actually done that (future son in law devised a different but equally romantic idea,) but it seemed like a pretty cool idea!

I'd be curious to hear how your friend's proposal worked out!

4. Re: Marriage proposal tonight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 24, 2009