We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

Columbia, MO
12 posts
Save Topic
Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

Hello,

We have read that only children over 10 years should do the tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin. We have a 10 1/2 year old. Does anyone have any experience with this activity or can anyone comment on this?

Thanks much!

Columbia, MO
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

Thank you very much for this advice - it is very helpful. I will now know what we are getting into if we decide to go. I appreciate it!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

The best suggestion is to come and check it out, guides are very experienced and they take very good care of costumers, specially kids, you go on the raft with life jacket. Weather acts strange too, we are in the middle of the rainy season right now and in guancaste, around rincón de la vieja, theres been 3 days with no rain at all, which makes the river easy to ride. Besides if you can´t do the river there are many other activities that they will love, like the recently open, serpentarium, ranarium, butterfly garden, horseback riding, canyon canopy tour, etc .

You and your kids will have lots of fun.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

I the River is calm it will be very safe and the guides will take very good care of you and your kid, if the river is high because of a heavy rain be carefull and thin about it. They will close the operation if it gets too high. It is worth the adventure in the right conditions.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

I went a few months ago and a child that age did it and he loved it´. I think that if they feel it can be dangerous for any reason they will not allow the child to do it. It was an amazing adventure and I had all the way a guide next to me.

Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

I was looking at this tour. We will be there in early Feb. I am thinking there is a lot of pretty scenery your floating by in addition to the rush of the water. Since Feb is your dry season, does the river keep you going? I would hate to keep getting stuck. Great threads as I plan my trip!

Guanacaste, Costa...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

It is hard to say ...For the most part since you are in the early part of the Dry season you should be ok... and not keep getting stuck...getting stuch really shouldn;t be your worry,...it's hiting a rock.

In the last month or so, things have really changed at hacienda Guachepelin. In fact many of the larger tour companies have even stopped selling this tour.

Personally, I would think twice. There are much better locations to enjoy the scenery...and Costa Rica.

17. Re: Tubing at Hacienda Guachepelin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 21, 2012