We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

Which Cambria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

We are going to Herst Castle and after we do our tour we want to stay at a nice hotel but not to far because we need to head back home the next day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

we like this place

www.sspines.com

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

How many stars is the hotel?

Level Contributor
34,218 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

Check out the BW Cavalier Resort in San Simeon, it is on the beach. I have some photos posted of the property.

We like Cambria, the lodging is just across the street from the ocean. Pelican Cove Inn, Fireside Inn, and the Blue Whale are all very nice places to stay in Cambria. :)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,102 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

YOu can find some nice places along the shore in the town just south of Hearst Castle which is Cambria. Along Moonstone Drive there are several motel/B&B type places. None are large hotels but all ha ve lovely views and Cambria is a really nice town.

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

I am new to this site, how can I view the pictures of BW in San Simeon. I would like to find a really nice upscale hotel.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
303 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

We just returned from our trip. We stayed in Cambria for one night, but wanted to stay longer. It is beautiful there. We stayed at Moonstone Landing. The ocean view is fantastic. There are other places stay on Moonstone Dr. too. If you want tranquility, this place is for you. Good luck and enjoy.

This is the view from our room. (ocean view)

[URL=http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0280bl4.jpg][IMG]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3046/img0280bl4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
303 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

Sorry, but I can't get the picture for you to view.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

There really aren't very many "hotels" in the area. The majority are inns (really motels). I saw a few "hotels" in san Simeon but they were like Quality Inn type hotels.

Cambria has a string of motels along Moonstone Beach, all facing the ocean. There's only 1 "hotel" at the end. If you read the reviews, the majority of these places are decent and you'll get a wonderful view and easy access to the beach.

http://www.visitcambriacalifornia.com/

I would stay in Cambria, it's a much nicer town than San Simeon. They have the beach, Main St w/nice shops and restaurants. It's only a 13 min drive from Cambria to San Simeon up on Hwy 1.

Don't forget to check out the sea lions up the coast from Hearst Castle!

9. Re: Looking for a place to stay that is on the beach or close

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 16, 2009