We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan my trip please!

Which Cambria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Help me plan my trip please!

We are planning on travelling to Cambria in August after hiring a Honda Goldwing from San francisco and stopping overnight at Carmel on the way down. I am considering booking at the Sea otter Inn on Moonstone beach but am concerned about walking to restaurants in the evening. Are there any within walking distance as we wouldn't want to be using the bike in the evening? I know from reading the forum that there is a good sea food restaurant near-by, but unfortunately my husband cannot eat sea food. We are booking for two nights, will there be enough for us to do?

Any other help or advice you could give? Never been to US before.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help me plan my trip please!

OK, I'll give you my thoughts when we get back on the 25th.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help me plan my trip please!

I just put in my review of the Little Sur Inn and it should be up in a couple days. Very nice place to stay. Here it what I said:

My only regret is not being able to spend more time here, we spent one night. The gentleman who checked us in was helpful and informative. The room was good size and clean. It included a fridge, microwave and fire place (although it was too warm to use it). There were 2 complimentary bottles of water in the fridge. The view was pretty good because the windows are at an angle facing the ocean, even though the room was on the side of the building. We had our continental breakfast on the nice outdoor seating area. Based on reading the Cambria forums, we ate dinner at the Sow's Ear and loved it! We took a nice stroll on the beach in the morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again if we ever get back to Cambria.

Level Contributor
34,739 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help me plan my trip please!

I'll look for your review, so glad you enjoyed the Sow's Ear. It's always been one of our favorite Cambria restaurants. :)

UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help me plan my trip please!

Thanks for your report. We are leaving for San Francisco tomorrow. will let you know what we thought of Little Sur when we get back in three weeks time!

15. Re: Help me plan my trip please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, August 16, 2009