We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Fran to LA - Overnight in Cambria

North Tonawanda...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
San Fran to LA - Overnight in Cambria

We live on the east coast and have an opportunity to travel HWY 1 starting in san fran on early morning sat 10/15, driving to cambria for an overnight stay and back on the road to LA Sunday 10/16. We know there are a TON of must sees but given our limited time and the desire to not have this week-end turn into something like the amazing race, do you have any suggestions on a few stops along the way. We would love to see the elephant seals at Piedras Blancas and we're thinking of taking a tour of hearst castle. Either the 2 hr evening tour on Sat. after we check into the Inn (is 2 hrs overkill and do restaurants serve after 8:30/9pm in Cambria) or would it be better to take in the grand rooms or upstairs suites tour after we check out of the Inn on sunday. Once we're on the road from cambria to LA, are there any stops you'd suggest. Doesnt matter what time we arrive in LA on Sunday. I've waited so long to take this ride (bucket list) and i'm not sure if/when the opportunity will ever present itself again so I want to make the best of what little time we have.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: San Fran to LA - Overnight in Cambria

Have a great time, LIDO!

12. Re: San Fran to LA - Overnight in Cambria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, October 25, 2012