We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eisteddfod in 2011 - Wrexham

Somerset, PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Eisteddfod in 2011 - Wrexham

Hi! I'm in Pennsylvania, and my husband and I are planning a trip to Ireland and Wales next year, in 2011, around the time of Eisteddfod, which next year will be in Wrexham, North Wales.

Usually, we try to avoid traveling to a country in their "high" season, and I see that, at least in Ireland, Eisteddfod would put us there in "high" season.

Do you have thoughts about this? Could we find wonderful musical events in Wales in, say, October?

Are there neat things to see or do around Wrexham? What whould you recommend?

And we are thinking about taking a ferry from Northern Wales to Dublin, and then seeing the south and southwestern coast of Ireland. The whole trip should be 14 days or so. Any thoughts about how to split up the time??

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your thoughts! Annie (Kifft) Smith

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,374 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eisteddfod in 2011 - Wrexham

Annie, you're in the California forum. You need the Ireland forum. Have a great trip.

2. Re: Eisteddfod in 2011 - Wrexham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 22, 2010