We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE Don Bricker Properties for a vacation rental

Maitland
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Topic
BEWARE Don Bricker Properties for a vacation rental

My group of three stayed at 400 Norfolk Street for 3 nights, May 30 – June 2, 2009. The house is as pictured and very comfortable. The second story Great Room is a large open space with a spectacular Pacific view shared with a wrap around deck. The owners had recently installed DirecTV, a flat screen LCD TV, and AT&T high-speed wireless internet. We couldn’t have been more comfortable nor had a more enjoyable vacation in Cambria – with one notable exception.

After settling in the house, we attempted to log onto the wireless internet. We got a strong signal on our new laptop. However, a password was required to log on, not an unusual step. We called the main office and were told no one there could help us, that we should call the “emergency number” on our agreement. We called the “emergency number” and spoke with Leslie. We asked for the internet password. She said she didn’t have it, that no one else had any problem with the internet and that if we needed to use the internet, we should drive to the internet café on Main Street in Cambria! After I was informed of this, I called Leslie back to again request the internet password. She started guessing what it was – 400norfolk, 400Norfolk, Morrison, etc. When none of her suggestions worked I asked her to please contact the owners for the information. She balked at first saying she was in the process of chauffering her son to a ball game and didn’t have time! After I politely reminded her wireless internet was part of the rental deal, she said she would email the owner. I thought it strange she didn’t have the owner’s phone number. The next day, Sunday, after sightseeing, we hadn’t heard from Leslie. We called again and left voicemail. The next day, Monday, after sightseeing, we still hadn’t heard from Leslie and gave up since we were leaving Tuesday.

When renting on-line through www.donbrickerproperties.com, I noted there was a rather heated negative review regarding inaction by the person manning the “emergency number.” I called to clarify and was told that everything possible was done to satisfy that complaint, that the renters were unreasonable, and Don Bricker Properties was going to remove the review from their website because they felt it was unfair. That review has since been removed.

It is my opinion that if you rent a home through Don Bricker Properties in Cambria and all is well with the house, you’ll have no problem. The staff is extremely pleasant and handled transactions quickly. However if you need to call the “emergency number” for any reason, do not expect to receive any help.

I hope to visit Cambria again but will never use Don Bricker Properties to book a rental even though 400 Norfolk was such a nice house.

1. Re: BEWARE Don Bricker Properties for a vacation rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:39 am, December 10, 2009