We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unbelievable Motel Experience, Cambria, CA

Los Angeles County...
1 post
Save Topic
Unbelievable Motel Experience, Cambria, CA

My husband and I stayed at Cambria Shores Inn in Cambria, CA, for 3 days (Mon, Tues, Weds) in Oct. 2007 in 3 rooms in less than 24 hours.

After settling in the 1st room and unpacking everything, I tried to turn on the heater, but it didn’t work. Since the temperatures get down to about 45 degrees this time of year, I notified management who couldn’t get it to work either.

They reluctantly moved use to a 2nd room, after I explained that my 76 year-old husband is disabled husband would not be able to tolerate cold temps at night. He is on oxygen, has a heart condition, and must get around using either a wheelchair or electric scooter (we have a CA auto disabled placard). The manager said we could stay in the 2nd room only one night, since someone else had it booked for Tues. night. He further stated that he wasn’t sure where we could stay on Tues. night, because they didn’t know if the heater in the 1st room would be fixed by then and the other rooms were booked.

Not having heard anything from management by 11:30 a.m. Tues., I went to the office and they told us we had to move to a 3rd room which was now available. I again protested that these moves were hard on my husband and why couldn’t the people booked for Room No. 2 be given Room No. 3, since these rooms all appeared to be the same. They said they wouldn’t do that and we had to move. So, we were put in our 3rd Room, all in less than 24 hours.

We would have moved to another motel, but since we were traveling with a small dog, it would probably have been impossible to find other accommodations at the last minute in Cambria.

When I checked out on Weds, I again expressed my displeasure of their treatment of a disabled person. They offered me a “consideration” of $25 off our next stay. I asked him why he thought we would ever stay there again.

We paid full price for our room ($538 for 3 nights) with no discounts. I have never been treated so badly at any other motel or hotel. The rooms were nice, but with uncomfortable chairs, and the place is pet friendly.

northern california
Level Contributor
637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unbelievable Motel Experience, Cambria, CA

If you have not done so already, please make sure to post this as a review where it will be seen by more people.

Level Contributor
35,920 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unbelievable Motel Experience, Cambria, CA

Yes, post a review of your experience here. Too bad, I hope you enjoyed other parts of your trip. Did you have a meal in Cambria, it's such a gorgeous area of the coast to spend time in. :)

3. Re: Unbelievable Motel Experience, Cambria, CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 11, 2009