We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robin's vs Sow's Ear

Which Cambria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Escondido, CA
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Robin's vs Sow's Ear

We just returned from Cambria 9-20-07. While there was had dinner at both Robin's and The Sow's Ear.

Maybe it was the meal off the menu we selected. lobster enchiladas. Very disappointed. We expected to see at least a few chunks of lobster and taste. What is was we don't know. The rice was just ok. Nothing special. The black beans were just Ok too. We have had better rice and beans at some fast food joints.

Service was somewhat slow and the place wasn't busy. Maybe that's their style.

I think if you go to a nice restaurant there should be a table cloth, not just a bare tables.

We ate at Robin's a few years ago, sorry we went back.

The next night we had dinner at The Sow's Ear.

Very nice. I had Dixie ribs, Sharon had almond chicken with pasta. Very good and tastie. My ribs were good, both our veggies were great, not over cooked.

Oh yeah... white table cloths on the table and the service was good.

We have eated at The Sow's Ear before and will return.

Robin's... I don't think so...

Nick

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robin's vs Sow's Ear

We love the Sow's Ear. They do a great Fried Brie appetizer, the Salmon in Parchment Paper is always good as is thier house specialty, the Chicken Fried Steak. Service is great, they also offer early bird dinners which is nice on the pocketbook. Thanks for the post! :)

2. Re: Robin's vs Sow's Ear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 09, 2009