We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Philiadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

I seem to remember, the last 2-3 times I few into BUR, noticing that one of the rental car companies has cars right there at the airport, and the rest have a shuttle for a site that's close, but not directly *at* the airport iteslf. Normally it's not a big deal, but I'm coming in next week and have a meeting that ends at 5:30 in Glendale, and a 7:25 flight, so this may be the time when those 10-15 minutes waiting for the shuttle make a difference. I want to say that it's Budget that's right there. Can anyone confirm?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Yes, Budget is the one with both the counter and cars on site. 5 other companies have a desk on site, but then you are taken off-site to pick up the vehicle.

burbankairport.com/parking/rental-cars.html

Philiadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate the help!

Philiadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
36 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Posting here in case anyone else asks this question - it is NOT Budget that has cars on site. National / Avis and Hertz all share an on-site lot. The rest of the companies have a shuttle for off site lots.

I, unfortunately, trusted the advice I got and actually *switched* my reservation from National to Budget. I got lousy service, a dirty car, and an extra long wait at a seedy off-site location. Disappointed, but I'll know better for next time.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,466 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Sorry to hear about this. Missed the initial post. I have rented from Avis and we walked to the car about a year or so ago

I always try and get info from two sources at least one local

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

So sorry that happened. I didn't open this thread initially because it's been a few years since I flew into Burbank and things change. I always use Hertz and I remember they were right at the airport and it was such a convenience.

I hope you made your flight.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,087 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Sorry you got bad information.... I am afraid the city forums in LA County get buried rather quickly by the number of posts in CA in general. In the future I might just use the Los Angeles Forum for info on Burbank, Glendale, etc to be sure you get more than one opinion and you get from people in the area.

Hope to see you again soon!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,988 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Please don't let that keep you from using TA in the future !

I didn't have the answer to the question when you posted, so didn't answer at all, I never dreamed you would have been given an answer that was wrong.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

So sorry you got bad information, hope it didn't cause too much trouble. In the future, it would definitely be best to get a few answers, and make sure you'd getting an answer from a local as well, just to be sure.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

I saw this post a few days ago as well, but not knowing the answer, I didn't try to provide one. I agree with the others, its always best to get a few answers to make sure that there's a consensus.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,586 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Car rental - one that has cars right there?

Even if there's a consensus, I'd still verify the information with the actual company being recommended. With the best of intentions, even several of us could be wrong!! ;)