We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

USA
Level Contributor
761 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

We are going to visit Disneyland in the middle of July. We were going to add on a day to tour a studio on Sat, 7/16. We wanted to see a taping of Ellen, but does she even tape during the summer?

We were interested in the WB VIP tour, but do they have those on Sat in the summer?

What full service hotel is a good one to stay at close-by?

Are there any shows taping during the summer, like comedy,etc?

Is Jeopardy taping?

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,562 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

it might be more helpful to you to post this in the LA forum where it may get more attention

here is the warner bros studio vip tour website, they state they are not open on saturdays

http://vipstudiotour.warnerbros.com/

here is the Jeopardy show site for requesting tickets, it doesnt appear right now that jeopardy has any tickets available, you would have to keep checking.

jeopardy.com/showguide/audiencetickets/form/

alot of shows may not be taping in the summer, pretty sure the ellen show is one that does not.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
USA
Level Contributor
761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

Thanks, happytotrip! I tried to post in the LA forum, but it seems my original Disneyland post is there already.

I read at WB studios that in the summer, they might add tours on Sat.

It seems for all of these tickets, they are not booking in July yet.

If I delay Disneyland until after the studio tours, that will push Disneyland to a Thur/Fri touring which would mean the crowds will be even worse. Right now we are touring Wed/Thur and shoppingon Fri.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,525 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

Shop on Friday but if you can't, honestly, it's not going to be noticeably more crowded at DL on Friday. Re: Jeopardy, as I recall, they tape only during the week (I believe they tape multiple shows each day so they aren't taping all month long. Pretty sure they don't tape on Saturdays!). BTW, they tape at Sony Studios in Culver City. Will you have a car?

Mentioned in this post
Culver City
Culver City
California
USA
Level Contributor
761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

Thanks, HopSkipJump! We will have a car but I don't want to spend the day driving from one place to another if they are not close. Just one day.

You don't think DL will be a lot more crowded on Fri and Sat? I thought it gets tons of people from the local crowd which would heighten the weekend days. I hate to push DL to Fri and Sat. Hmmm

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,562 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

i have to disagree, friday is alot busier imo, everytime i am there on a friday towards the afternoon till closing vs a weekday, i notice alot of difference.

USA
Level Contributor
761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

That's what i'm worried about. Then we have to decide which place we would rather deal with the crowds at DL or the gamble that the studios will add on more tours on Sat for the summer.

USA
Level Contributor
761 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

Someone told me that even if Ellen was taping during the summer, you would have a 3 1/2 yr wait probably. Darn!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

Ellen never tapes in July, or on Saturdays and probably no other shows are taping either.

Edited: 7:51 pm, March 02, 2011
9. Re: TV tapings available on 7/16/11?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 03, 2012