We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in a safe neighborhood

San Francisco
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
hotel in a safe neighborhood

The following hotels were recommended by Trip Advisor subscribers. Can anyone tell me which of them have the best prices and which of them are located in a great & safe neighborhood, especially for women & children.

In other words, which of them do you recommend to be the best hotel to stay for a group of women. Are they clean? Are they close to restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, small food stores, etc?

Residence Inn Burbank Downtown

Hotel Amarano Burbank

Coast Anabelle Hotel

Courtyard® by Marriott® Los Angeles Burbank/Airport

Portofino Inn

Thank you,

Lucy

San Francisco

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Residence Inn, Holiday Inn...and to a lesser extent as far as cafe/shops go Hotel Amarano, Coast Annabelle, Safari Inn , Courtyard and Best Western Suites. Without a car the first two are definitely the best, right downtown close to everything.

Virginia
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

The Residence Inn is new - I think under a year old...maybe a year by now. Can't remember. It is about 2 blocks from San Fernando which is the street where there are lots of little cafes and shopping. The Courtyard by the airport is near a strip mall - nothing great in that area. I would stay away from the Holiday Inn. It is old and not very clean IMO.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Is there a reason you want to stay in Burbank? It is really not the most convinient location to base yourself while venturing out for sights to see in L.A.

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
469 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

We stayed at the Residence Inn Downtown in March.

Very near hotel, very clean and modern. Friendly staff, free buffet breakfast, lots of food variety.

I am always looking for a hotel that is nice and in a safe area (I have 3 kids).

Walking distance to cafes, restaurants, and shopping.

We are staying there again in 10 days!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Personally I dont think it is a central or particular interesting area to stay at while on vacation. But if you like it, reviews are good and dont mind driving a lot, this seems to be a ok hotel to base yourself at

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Residence Inn - Newish. Thorough comments provided by a previous respondent

Hotel Amarano - The most upscale, expensive hotel in Burbank. Used by the local studios for guests and visiting executives/VIPs. Across from a Vons center with several restaurants and a Starbucks. In a safe residential area.

Coast Annabelle - Small and nice with an in-house restaurant, Olive's Bistro. Small bar area open in the evening. Walking distance to other restaurants, a CVS, Donut Prince, a church and on a main street for transportation needs. Safe area.

Courtyard - Like any Courtyard anywhere. Across from the airport and a foodcourt-type shopping center featuring mainly and many fast-food restaurants. Otherwise, the most isolated of options you've listed. The surrounding area is business and industrial, before getting into residential neighborhoods. Considered safe.

Portofino Inn - A newly reconstructed former motel less than a mile from the Annabelle. Still looks like a motel, but a bit nicer. A diner, Frank's Restaurant, is on the premises, and a 7-11 and some fast-food restaurants are within walking distance. The least of the options you've listed.

The Safari Inn - Next door to the Annabelle, and a popular filming location (featured in a first-season episode of The Partridge Family, and many more contemporary series/movies). An 'upscale motel,' if you will. Kind of cool and hip, with a pool and an elevated outdoor patio area. I suggest walking up to Tallyrand, a coffee-shop restaurant with a bar that's been around for 50 years. Safe area.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Hotel Amarano - The most upscale, expensive hotel in Burbank. Used by the local studios for guests and visiting executives/VIPs. Across from a Vons center with several restaurants and a Starbucks. In a safe residential area.

Coast Annabelle - Small and nice with an in-house restaurant, Olive's Bistro. Small bar area open in the evening. Walking distance to other restaurants, a CVS, Donut Prince, a church and on a main street for transportation needs. Safe area.

Courtyard - Like any Courtyard anywhere. Across from the airport and a foodcourt-type shopping center featuring mainly and many fast-food restaurants. Otherwise, the most isolated of options you've listed. The surrounding area is business and industrial, before getting into residential neighborhoods. Considered safe.

Portofino Inn - A newly reconstructed former motel less than a mile from the Annabelle. Still looks like a motel, but a bit nicer. A diner, Frank's Restaurant, is on the premises, and a 7-11 and some fast-food restaurants are within walking distance. The least of the options you've listed.

The Safari Inn - Next door to the Annabelle, and a popular filming location (featured in a first-season episode of The Partridge Family, and many more contemporary series/movies). An 'upscale motel,' if you will. Kind of cool and hip, with a pool and an elevated outdoor patio area. I suggest walking up to Tallyrand, a coffee-shop restaurant with a bar that's been around for 50 years. Safe area.

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Residence Inn - Newish. Some rooms face the 5 freeway. Thorough comments provided by a previous respondent

Burbank
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel in a safe neighborhood

Oops. Burbank's so nice I don't mind saying it twice, but 4 times? I'm blaming TA...........