We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springs water

Which Borrego Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Palms...
3 posts
Save Topic
Springs water

Is the water from the creek from Borrego Springs safe to drink?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
16,163 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Springs water

You would be wise to filter any water from a creek. There are small filters you can get for backpacking.

Thousand Palms...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Springs water

Thank you, I wish I had asked before I drank it. Kind of think that is why I feel as if I have a bug. Hope it isn't going to last too long.

Thousand Palms...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Springs water

Yes

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Springs water

Drinking untreated water is not a good idea as any water source can contain waterborne pathogens.

If you continue to feel poorly you might want to discuss this with your doctor. Good luck.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Springs water

It's definitely NOT a good idea to be drinking that water. Animal waste can get into the water very easily. If you are still feeling badly, I would recommend seeing a doctor and letting them know your activiites.

6. Re: Springs water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, March 18, 2016