We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristlecone Forest-night photography/summer visit questions!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bristlecone Forest-night photography/summer visit questions!

Hello! I'm a photographer, and do a lot of night photography. I'm intending on going to the Ancient Bristlecone Forest some time during the summer, maybe late June, and was thinking of going up to Schulman Grove or Patriarch Grove or elsewhere. Open to suggestions.

- Where would you say is the most picturesque place to photograph the night sky with the beautiful gnarled bristlecone trees in the foreground?

- Are there any issues with photographing at night legally, logistically, etc? Or is it okay to walk around and spend hours photographing late at night without being bothered or breaking any curfews?

- Where's the best place to stay that's nearby? I can either camp or stay in a motel...I'm okay either way. Related to that, if I show up on a weekday in the late morning, what are my chances of getting a spot in Grandview Campgrounds?

- How cold does it get in the evening up that high?

- Anything else you would recommend?

*Thank you immensely* for any help you can throw my way!!! -Ken

Edited: 12:38 am, June 07, 2012
1. Re: Bristlecone Forest-night photography/summer visit questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, March 23, 2014