We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been Camping near a Lake?

orange county
8 posts
Save Topic
Been Camping near a Lake?

Hello.

I'm looking for a place to camp (tent) right on a lake, then wake up and walk a few yards to the lake and catch some fish. Then grill the the fish i caught right over a nice fire pit later that night.

any suggestions?

I was thinking of Twin lakes, Rock Creek Lake, Convict lake. Preferably some place with some shade and is not over populated with other campers.

I went to a place like that when I was younger, but I just cant remember which lake that was.

Anywhere in the Bishop/ Mammoth/ Inyo/ Sequoia area.

Thanks!

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been Camping near a Lake?

Twin Lakes is in a forested area and the campgrounds are near the lake. Do you recall crossing over a bridge or a waterfall? Don't know how good the fishing is, although our family has spent many hours near the outlet to the creek below.

Lake Mary has a very popular campground, and it may have a lot of campers. The lake is down a slope from the campground. It always seemed a bit windy and cool at night.

You may need to start out early in the day, and check out campgrounds!

Roseville...
Level Contributor
320 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been Camping near a Lake?

Last year in June we tented at the campground in Twin Lakes which was very nice. Convict Lake is more of a resort than a campground but a nice day-trip.

3. Re: Been Camping near a Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 12, 2010