We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Case of Forest Fire...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
In Case of Forest Fire...

I am writing in response to the family that is having a difficult time with Big Bear Cool Cabins as a result of the Bulter Fire II. Without a doubt, they should have not problem with your request - it is perfectly understandable. But let me offer this caveat: A similar thing happened to me a few years ago but with a different Big Bear propery. In our case, however, the highway patrol closed the highway and we were unable to get up there, so we weren't charged. The difference here is that highway 38 to Big Bear is still open and the town is not being evaucated. Fawnskin to the north is and highway 18 is one way only going down right now to help expedite these folks. But the fire is not headed toward Big Bear and the Forest Service says there is no danger to the town. The fire is headed more north, toward Lucerne and Apple Valley. They are actually using Big Bear High School as a shelter for folks from the north side of the lake, which I don't think they would do if the town were in danger. I understand your not wanting to make the trip under current conditions, but as long as the trip is possible, you might not have much luck getting your money back. When I go up this time of year, I no longer make reservations far in advance for this very reason. I also specifically check with the property on their policies should a fire in the area become an issue.

Big Bear Lake
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Bodies of Water, Hiking Trails
Snow Summit
Ski & Snowboard Areas
1. Re: In Case of Forest Fire...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 pm, September 16, 2007
2. Re: In Case of Forest Fire...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 08, 2009