We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do of a night?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
What to do of a night?

I am staying in Beverley Hills for 1 night with my wife and adult daughter. Is there

a good area nearby to walk around have a few drinks and eat. I don't want to just spend all night in a Michelin star restaurant.

Can anyone recommend a suitable area?

Thanks

Robert (Jigglywuff)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,565 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do of a night?

Which hotel?? Beverly HIlls hotels are spread out over a huge area.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do of a night?

The Peninsula hotel.

I don't mind traveling nearby .

Robert

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do of a night?

Assuming you'll have a car, nearby is the Westwood village area next to UCLA - lots of restaurants, bars etc. there, catering to nearby office workers, and to UCLA students and staff, so there's a good variety. Basically from the hotel take Wilshire blvd. west to Westwood Blvd. and then head north a short distance.

Otherwise drive to the Sunset Strip section of Sunset Blvd. (Sunset blvd. roughly between Doheney and Fairfax ave.)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,565 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do of a night?

You can walk to bars and restaurants nearby. The Peninsula itself has a major nightlife scene in its bar, as does the Beverly Wilshire down the street. There are bars like Nic's, a 10 minute walk, the bar at Mastros, the bar at Bar Bouchon and more. There are so many great restaurants near The Peninsula, it's a long list - from Cut to Spago to Craft, Bouchon, Mastro, Honor Bar, and more. None of these are Michelin stuffy, except maybe Spago. South Beverly Grill is a great option for your family, also

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do of a night?

Thats great, it gives me a few options to think about.

Thanks for your help !

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,565 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do of a night?

Last night I was walking on Crescent Drive after a play, which is near the Peninsula, and there are many many many restaurants along Crescent, all with people out on the sidewalk patios and the places were packed, well into the night. Place like Wolfgangs, Porto Via, Cafe Roma, and more, it's really alive.

Edited: 11:51 am, February 21, 2014
7. Re: What to do of a night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 23, 2015