We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner!

houston tx
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner!

My wife and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage next month in Beverly Hills, and I want to have a great meal. I'm trying to decide between Cut and Mastro's because I am a big steak eater. I am also looking for the perfect setting to celebrate this occassion so if anyone can give me in site it will be appreciated.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner!

I've dined at Mastro's in BH, and found it to be quite good though it is a chain with at least a few locations in the LA and Orange County area, and maybe other parts of the country. I don't think you'd be disappointed there. Cut, which I have not personally dined at, is a bit more unique, with only the one location in LA and then maybe one or two other locations out of state. I do believe it is a bit pricier than Mastro's and does have the Wagyu / Kobe beef if that interests you. I have friends who've dined at both and the general consensus, I think, is that Cut is a bit better but the price difference between it and Mastro's is not a minor consideration.

Other steak places in and around Beverly Hills that I would also consider would be STK, BLT (have had some really great meals here), Morton's, Wolfgang's, Flemmings and Ruth's Cris - the latter of course is a national chain but very good. Flemmings also quite good and certainly has more than one location in and around LA, I'm not sure if there would be any closer to home for you, or not.

Fogo de Chao is also worth mentioning - not a traditional steak house but a Brasillian steakhouse - it is all you can eat and features several different cuts of steak, plus a few different types of chicken, lamb and pork, along with some great side dishes and, in my humble opinion, the best salad bar in LA. I wouldn't say that the quality of the meat is *quite* on par with the best steakhouses, but if you want to assure yourself of leaving full and satisfied after eating a lot of very good beef, this is the place. I think Fogo is a national chain as well, but no idea if they have a location convenient to where you live.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner!

I love Mastros, it's always great. But for a really special night out, I would suggest Spago or Cut.

3. Re: Anniversary Dinner!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 15, 2014