We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Days in Beverly Hills

Dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
5 Days in Beverly Hills

Hi, my new hubby and I will be spending 5 nights at the Beverly Hilton as part of our honeymoon, end of this month. Can you recommend some nice restaurants/bars for lunch / dinner, reasonable prices in the area, walking distance or taxi ride away. Also what is the best way to get from LAX to hotel and from hotel to Universal Studios, also cost. I don't think the hotel provides a shuttle. Thank you!

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Days in Beverly Hills

You might want to re-post this question on the Los Angeles forum, more people will see it.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,888 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Days in Beverly Hills

It's okay to post here, we see you!

There are great restaurants and bars in the neighborhood, and a much discussed topic here. Have you looked at our FAQs page? Many of your questions are answered there...

I believe that your hotel has a shuttle to Universal Studios, but a taxi will cost about $40. Same for a taxi from LAX, about $40. It is the most direct and convenient mode of travel - a shuttle stops for all passenger's hotels and charges per person, whereas a taxi is the one rate. There are coupons available all over the internet for taxi discounts - one is www.valpak.com

For restaurants - go to www.la.com and click on dining, then choose Beverly Hills/Robertson

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,905 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Days in Beverly Hills

Our Frequently asked questrions (FAQs) are at the top of the LOS ANGELES forum. This is the BEVERLY HILLS forum. Here's a quick link:

http://tinyurl.com/p8fgg

Dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Days in Beverly Hills

Thanks Yogachik! Very helpfull. I will check out the FAQ page.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Days in Beverly Hills

Hi - and congratulations - we spent two nights at this hotel and thought it was great. My review has just been posted if you want to take a look! And some pics! I also posted two restaurant reviews - one for Da Pasquale which is a very simple Italian about 5 min walk and one for The Grill on the Alley [don't bother with that one!] We went for drinks in the Regent Beverly Wilshire [Pretty Woman hotel] - not worth it - the bar area is really cramped and right in the restaurant! We had just come off a cruise and another cruiser sent me this info for a guide for things to do - hope it helps!

Cocktails with a view

-Chateau Marmont Hotel 8221 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood

-The Standard Hotel 8300 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood

-Bonaventure Hotel 404 s. Figueroa St, Downtown

Good places for lunch or dinner, semi-expensive lunch, expensive at dinner, but excellent food, and good for celeb watching -

-The Ivy - 113 N. Robertson Blvd. (Robertson is tricky because it turns from BH to LA here, this location is north of Wilshire between Third and Beverly)

-Spago (Wolfie Puck's) - 176 N. Canon BH

Ivy and Spago are best for lunch bunching.....best on Friday or Saturday, reservations needed.

-The Lodge Steakhouse - 14 N. La Cienega, Restaurant Row BH/LA

-Mastros Steakhouse- 246 N. Canon BH

-Madeos - 8900 Beverly Blvd. LA

As for "regular" eateries, we like La Scala (Italian) in Beverly Hills and Brentwood, Lawry's (delectable prime rib) on Restaurant Row, Apple Pan (burgers) on Pico in Westwood, Pinks Famous (burgers & dogs) on LaBrea in Hollywood, Dinah's on Sepulveda on the way back to the airport for the giant Dutch apple pancakes...I'm getting hungry!

Of course, the Peninnsula, the Four Seasons and the Beverly Hills Hotel all have lovely tea rooms, dining rooms and coffee shops. The coffee shop downstairs at the BHH is fabulous, as is the Polo Lounge, if you want to stop by and visit the pink palace.!

Byee!