We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

Traveling for 4 nights. Wew ill have our kids with us as well (ages 5 & 6). Which would you choose of the 2? Santa Monica is booked for what we were considering. It's basically between The Beverly Hill or Montage...

Cheers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

Montage is on a busy street and walking distance to restaurants and coffee, etc. BH Hotel is on the edge of a swanky residential neighborhood so you get a real feel for a BH neighborhood but there is NOTHING within walking distance except for grand homes and palaces.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

Thanks for your response...more questions so now you're stuck with me (wink)!

Does one stand out more so in terms of service? How are the pools? With the complimentary car service either location shouldn't be an issue. Are there any parks nearby?

This is our first time here, obviously.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

Nothing beats the Beverly Hills Hotel pool - nothing. It's such an amazing hotel, with so much history. Montage is new, but not cozy. I would absolutely go with the BH Hotel. Especially with the complementary car service, you can get wherever you need to go.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

The Beverly Hills Hotel has so much history attached to it, and the service is impeccable. Expect celebrity sightings at the Polo lounge.

With that being said, I love the location of the Montage for tourists because it is walking distance to everything in Beverly Hills. Everything is also so new at pretty at the Montage.

Have you also looked into the Peninsula Beverly Hills?

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

I am torn which to pick...I love newness and the ease of things being so close at the Montage...BUT....the BH just seems so right for our first trip.

Los Angeles...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

Nothing beats the Montage service- they treat everyone as VIPs. I would definitely reccommend over Beverly Hilton. Although Beverly Hilton has a lot of history, etc, it is run down- you actually get more for your money at Montage.

everywhere
Level Contributor
153 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

The Beverly Hills Hotel has impeccable service, the courtyard is beautiful. We had a bungelow, very private, very elegant, it was like staying in a house not a hotel room. They would valet our car to right outside our bungelow, made it so easy for us. Fruit basket was filled daily in our room, bottled water was given constantly by the valet as well as in our room. Cookies and chocolate dipped strawberries every night was a nice touch. The bungelow had a huge bedroom, tons of closet space and a bathroom you only see in magazines! I love this Hotel, I didn't find it run down at all, but very elegant and can't wait to go back. Bellame

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

I look at it this way...

Travelling with kids = outside activities = Beverly Hills Hotel. Nothing beats the BH pool

Adults only and lounging around the pool not critical = Montage. Montage has more adult activities right out your door.

9. Re: The Beverly Hills Hotel or Montage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 05, 2012