We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels - Again

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels - Again

Last time we stayed at The Beverly Hills hotel which we loved. However it was summer time and we enjoyed the pool and wondering down to Rodeo Drive. This time we are coming in January and I have booked The Beverly Wiltshire. Now I am getting concerned.

I have also stayed at The Four Seasons LA several times on business and thought it was a great hotel.

So now I am confused, should we return to the Beverly Hills hotel? Try the Bev Wiltshire? The best deals are at the FS?

Is the Bev Wiltshire more hype than substance?

Please help me decide.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels - Again

Not sure I understand the question.

Beverly Wilshire (note spelling) is a great hotel. I would personally prefer the Beverly Hills Hotel, but it's not as conducive to just walking out the door and shopping or eating as the Beverly Wilshire is, actually.

Four Seasons owns the property. Montage or Peninsula or L'Ermitage are other ideas, but I think you'll like where you booked. I would stay with it.

Another idea is trying one of the beach hotels like Shutters or Casa del Mar.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels - Again

sorry about the spelling. I have looked at all the hotels mentioned but decided initally on Bev Wilshire but am now getting concerned that we will be dissappointed in the BW after being at TBHH. So wanted some reasurrance that we are not staying at a lesser hotel.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels - Again

In what sense do you fear that the BW will be a lesser hotel? Its advantage and disadvantage is its location - a disadvantage perhaps because its located right on a busy street (Wilshire Blvd.) but an advantage because this is right next to Rodeo Drive, great restaurants (including two great restaurants in the hotel), and all the shopping that Beverly Hills is famous for. In any case it has a great reputation which is well deserved, I very much doubt you'd be disappointed in either the service or the rooms. Is it better or worse than some of the other hotels mentioned? Maybe, but I imagine it would come down to personal preference, rather than something easily identifiable by us for you that is better or worse about that hotel as compared to the others mentioned.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels - Again

It is most definitely not a "lesser" hotel.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
772 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels - Again

The BW is all about location and previous reputation...service can be very spotty; beds are comfortable; but I have sent back rooms!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels - Again

As with most things in Beverly Hills, location is definitely an important credential when selecting upscale hotels.

The Beverly Wilshire is pretty central if you want to walk around Rodeo drive and see some of the big shopping areas in Beverly Hills. We had family stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel a few months ago and even though it is not particularly far from anything, they still ended up taking cabs everywhere.

It ends up boiling down to where you want to go on your trip. No sense staying at a hotel if it is far from the places you want to see/go.

I do love the look of the Beverly Hills Hotel though, especially from the air ( photopilot.com/blog/…beverly-hills-hotel ).

7. Re: Hotels - Again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 27, 2010