We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport to Tourist Attractions

York
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport to Tourist Attractions

My husband and I have booked to stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Beverley Hills for 4 nights, which I believe is on S. Beverly Drive. We have not rented a car whilst staying in LA, as we thought we would be able to get around on public transport. We would like to visit Universal Studios and the many tourist spots. Will we have difficulty in reaching them, any suggestions please. We have arranged car hire for when we leave LA as we wish to do some touring before heading for Vegas. Have we made a mistake here?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,466 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport to Tourist Attractions

Without question, you need a car in Los Angeles, especially when staying at Crowne Plaza.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport to Tourist Attractions

Yes, you should rent your car at LAX (there are numerous agencies there). Your hotel has parking which is only $15/day if you join their Priorty Club (www.ichotelsgroup.com). You could get around on public transportation, but it would be extremely time consuming and complicated.

3. Re: Public Transport to Tourist Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 20, 2009