We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

I am staying at the Beverly Hilton in November, and am not renting a vehicle.

Besides visiting many of the local attractions that are in walking distance or in the 3 mile radius of the Hilton's complimentary car service, we are planning to go to the LA Zoo, Universal Studios and Venice Beach.

Are there any shuttle services in the area that will bring us to these locations at a reasonable rate, or must we take taxis?

I understand that the public transportation service isn't that wonderful in Beverly Hills, and we have no problem taking taxis places, but thought I would check on any shuttle services offered, as some major cities I have been to have offered this service.

Thank you!

Victoria, British...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

I'll be staying at the same hotel in November 2 (for an overnight visit). Same question about the shuttle. Any ideas?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

These are long distances. Shuttle services won't be cheaper than cabs once you pay for every person in your group, even if you find some that do this (I don't know of any as most of them do airport transfers). There is also nothing within walking distance besides the Rodeo Drive area, which is also not that close. Does the hotel service include transportation to Beverly Center and the Grove area? I think that's within 3 miles. Century City mall might be too. But not really anything else.

Renting a car would be the best way to see those other areas. LA is a car city because it's so spread out. Cabs will be expensive. LA Zoo, Venice Beach, and Universal are all at least 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic. You can take a bus to Santa Monica beach down Santa Monica Blvd or Wilshire Blvd that are near your hotel. You can probably pay for a tour that will pick you up at the hotel and take you to those places, but then you'll be on their schedule.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,502 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

The type of shuttles that you are referring to don't service Beverly Hills.

Venice is easy to reach by public transit. Just take the #304 bus westbound on Santa Monica Bl (the road on the southern side of your hotel). Get off 15 minutes later at the end of the line in Santa Monica (you can explore downtown SM and the Beach here) and then transfer to the #333 bus southound for the short ride to Venice.

The Zoo is impractical to reach by bus (about 1-1/2 hours, each way). You'll need to take a taxi (about $40, each way, about 40 minutes).

Universal can be reached by taxi (about $30 each way, about 30 minutes). Using public transit will require a transfer:

1. From the south side of the hotel, take the #704 Metro Bus (EASTBOUND) to Santa Monica Bl & Highland Av

2. Transfer to the #156 Metro Bus northbound on Highland to the corner of Lankershim & Cahuenga Bl. Walk through the adjacent underpass and turn right into the driveway of Universal. Wait for the free tram for the ride "up the hill" to the park.

Total transfer time (including waiting for the #156 and the tram) should be about an hour. The fare is $5 per person for a DAY PASS (buy one from the first driver) which will allow unlimited rides on the metro buses and metro rail for the day.

BTW, Beverly Center is within 3 miles of the hotel (so you could use the free car service to take you there). From the northwest corner of La Cienega Bl & Beverly Center (the northeast corner of the mall) there are buses to almost everywhere in the city.

The Grove is just beyond the 3 mile limit so I'm not sure that the car service would take you there (they probably would). If not, grab a bus on 3rd St or Beverly Bl (eastbound) next to the mall for the few minute ride to the area of Farmers Market / the Grove / CBS Television Studios.

Good luck!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,502 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

On second thought, the #304 ride to Santa Monica is more like 25 minutes, rather than 15 minutes.

Ontario
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

thank you that information is SO useful Hop. I am assuming I can easily get on it to go to Hollywood & Highland on it as well?

6. Re: Shuttle services in Beverly Hills?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 12, 2009