We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

Which Berkeley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

So, I hear that there are certain days in the year where you can see the sun set directly under the Golden Gate Bridge from the Berkeley Marina. Sounds Beautiful! unfortunately I do not know when the day or dates are =(. Does anyone?

Outside Oakland
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

No one can say for sure. As you may know the bay has its own weather sometimes and fog, haze, clouds, and gloom can sometimes ruin an otherwise beautiful day. Not to mention Berkeley tends to have different weather than other places just miles away. So, when to plan on a great sunset? As long as it looks clear without fog or major cloud cover you can go to Skates or the pier in the marina and get a beautiful shot of the sun through the golden gate. For a better and more panoramic view of the whole bay try driving up to the Lawrence Hall of Science and watching the sun set...

Enjoy

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

I can't answer cchen650's question but it seems rafo didn't understand it. Or maybe it is I who doesn't understand it.

Outside Oakland
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

to clarify for those who have not seen it, the sun sets beneath the golden gate most days from many different spots in berkeley. it must be clear and not foggy, however.

4. Re: Sunset from the Berkeley Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 20, 2009