We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spot almond blossom?

LA
Level Contributor
374 posts
Where to spot almond blossom?

Hi,

I've seen several almond blossom photos from Arvin and Bakersfield.

Does anyone have any information on those two location? I'm aware of Frenso blossom and there are many information, but I just can't find anything on Arvin or Bakersfield.

Where do I see almond blossom in Arvin or Bakersfield?

Central California
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Where to spot almond blossom?

In Kern County Almonds usually blossom in the first few weeks of February. Just Northwest of Bakersfield is a great place to see almond blossoms. Highway 43 (AKA Enos Lane) between I-5 and the City of Shafter is an easy drive that takes you through the heart of almond country in Kern County. Also, Highway 58 between Highway 43 and I-5.

It is important to note that all almond orchards are sprayed with pesticides regularly during the bloom season. Many people love to get their kids all dressed up and take pictures in the orchards without permission of the owners. This is a dangerous practice, and puts everyone's health at risk, so make sure you just enjoy the scenery from your car. If you want to take pictures in an orchard, contact a local photographer. Photographers in town organize photo shoots with growers to ensure that the orchards are safe, and that they aren't trespassing without permission.

2. Re: Where to spot almond blossom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 11, 2017