We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

groceries

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
151 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
groceries

I will be flying into LAX on my way to Sequoia National Park. Where can I stop in Bakersfield and purchase some real, not process GMO food. Any good Health Food Stores? I try to avoid Whole Foods. Thanks for any help.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: groceries

lassens.com/retailer/…

Edited: 4:27 pm, September 19, 2011
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: groceries

Not exactly a health food store, but there is a Trader Joes Market in Bakersfield:

http://www.traderjoes.com/stores/index.asp

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
151 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: groceries

Thank-you both for the links. They help a lot. Saves me time driving around on valuable vacation time.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: groceries

More and more "Main Stream" grocery stores are offering Organic and Health Food sections. One main one is VONS/Safeway, with locations in the Bakersfield area.

I like the Sprouts chain, but alas, no stores north of the Grapevine in California, just the SoCal area.

5. Re: groceries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, March 16, 2013