We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Size at VIM

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bed Size at VIM

I understand that some of the room types at the VIM have either a king or double beds. I also understand that everyone who requests a king may not receive one. My question is if you get a room with two doubles will the resort push them together for you to create one bed? Looking at some of the pictures it seemed like this had happened but I didn't know if this was only after many complaints or if it is a simple request that can be done without any hassle. Thanks!

Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
101 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Size at VIM

I've been wondering about this also. I'm also wondering if the rooms have two double beds or two queen beds, I've read reports both ways. I wouldn't mind two queen size because that's what we have at home anyway.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Size at VIM

This is a good question. I have been 6 times and once was with my daughter and 2 beds. I have a queen at home. I wasn't paying attention when we were there but, I am probably right in saying that we had 2 doubles. Also I don't think there would be bedding if 2 queens were put together but, perhaps 2 doubles equal a California king.

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Size at VIM

If you check their room on the website, it will tell you which rooms have what size bed.

Only the silver suites guarantee you a king size bed.

We have stayed in the golden suites, and the 3rd floor rooms are also only king.

Emeralds are only king also.

Deluxe are mixed.

You can request by email 1 week ahead. They do try hard to accomodate you.

Yes they will push the beds together for you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed Size at VIM

I have been to VIM 6 times, 3 of those with friends so we had a room with two beds. In the swim up rooms, the two beds are definitely bigger than doubles so they must be queens. I will be in one of those rooms in 3 weeks so will double check and let you know.

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed Size at VIM

What size were the 2 beds in the golden swim up suit?

Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bed Size at VIM

They say doubles on their website, but they are more like American queens sized beds

Fairless Hills...
Level Contributor
757 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bed Size at VIM

My friend and I are currently in building 4 and have the 2 beds. I would say they're similar to queen size.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bed Size at VIM

they pushed our 2 dbls together.... It was heaven... better than our king at home. We will request that the next time...

9. Re: Bed Size at VIM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 18, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto