We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

A couple of the latest reviews have really knocked the VIM for making them feel like 2nd class citizens in relation to the "Privileged" class. Even in one of the bar areas?

I'm trying to think of all the other resorts I've stayed in, and I don't think there was a "better" class, only better rooms -- but same facilities -- except for maybe some pools and bars around the rooms.

I don't mind walking a little further on the beach. In fact, we probably won't even have to do this, since we probably don't need a palpala, but just two loungers somewhere --- I'm assuming you can sit anywhere you want on the beach -- just not on the "Privileged" beds, right?

I'm sure hoping its not going to be any kind of a big deal, that I'm reminded about on a daily basis.

Do they even get a lot of "Privileged" guests anyway? I'd rather be able to take more vacations,. than pay to do it up all super-duper fabulous, upgraded, fancy-smantzy.

At the Golden Parnassus, we upgraded to the best room they had. We did get some perks (an in-room dinner, a boat cruise, etc) but nothing that would let the other guests know that WE were better than THEM, and keeping us in our special little area away from them -- that would be STUPID, in my opinion.

Again - I hope it isn't going to be any big deal.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

Tejay - I couldn't agree with you more and more power to you if you like the privlege; however, if there is no name on a (or 10) bali bed and someone (not necessarily me) wants to sit there I think they should. If someone happens to arrive and want the bed and is privlege, then by all means they get it.

Truth be told, we would never sit on one - too hot for us. I actually never (well rarely) sit at all. My wife sits under the palapa and reads all day and there is no way she would sit/lay on one of the beds in the heat.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

We just got back after 2 weeks and in the afternoon we would wander over to the " lazy river" and we had the basic room and never got asked what room we were in. No sense spending money for nothing NOT worth the upgrade . The resort is beautiful

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

Twolaws,

The lazy river is just another pool and it is for anyone at the resort. So you weren't breaking any rules.

As for the Bali Beds I don't particularly like Bali Beds, but if they are open, I don't think anyone will chase you away if you use one of the ones not reserved.

Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

I have a question re: the Bali beds vs. the loungers under the palapas on the beach. I only purchased the privilege package after I got to the resort (and after my fiancee got sun poisoning!!) and we got a lounger on the beach with the palaba. Where are the bali beds located (and what are they exactly)? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Flushing, New York...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

you get a choice of the beds at either the pool or beach. The loungers are for everyone. clarify it with the concierge

26. Re: I hope I Will Not Feel Very Un-Privileged!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto