We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is this "White Party" all about?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
DALLAS
Level Contributor
78 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What is this "White Party" all about?

I know what a white party is typically: white attire,etc. but I want details on VIM's White Party. Do they always have one each week, etc.?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

I would be interested as well....anyone?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

The only mention of it I've seen was on their Facebook page-- did you ask there?

It says it is a "White Full Moon Party", so I would imagine it's not a weekly happening.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

I saw some pics from a review. Looks to be a night fiesta, special food and drinks. Wear white, we'll see. It happens on my wife's birthday, Sat. 21 Sept. Maybe she will think it's all about her. ;-)

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

There is a festival in New Orleans called the White Linen Fest. It was held this year on August 10th. Kind of a summer in the Gatsby days kind of look, plus food, drink, parades (you are in NOLA of course). Wonder if the idea came from that. People wear.....wait for it....WHITE LINEN!

United States
Level Contributor
98 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

I suspect it is an off shoot of a full moon party. On some of the islands I have visited and got to know the locals I have been invited but never have gone. Full moon, secluded beach, music, drink and smoke is my take. The VIM's is probably similar I would guess, just more main stream.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
23,287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

I thought White Parties originated way back in the 1920's/30's when anything was an excuse to party. I know for sure they were popular in Old Hollywood (David Niven's autobiography "The Moon's a Balloon" mentions one).

It's just a popular party theme - kinda like a fancy dress or costume party but requiring less effort!

I've never heard of the Vim having a White Party, so if it's a regular, weekly event, it's new .... or it might just be a one-off thing.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

I am wondering how people knew about this party prior to their arrival? I did see a few photos of the party, but we definitely would not be prepared as we are far too messy to have (or pack) white clothes - ha ha

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

Hola Don Carlos! Just wondering if you know for sure theres a white party at the VIM on Sept 21 as this is the day we arrive to the resort and the BF would be ecstatic to buy a white linen suit prior to our arrival .. Any chance to be a goof he's there & has always wanted a linen suit! So just wanted to find out from you for sure cuz sounds like you are in "the know" lol! thx! 19 days and counting !

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

Thursday Sept. 19 is the full moon if it relates to that.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is this "White Party" all about?

At The Royal in Playa del Carmen..they had two theme nights one the white party on every Tuesday and Caribbean party on Thursday night..so maybe this resort is similar

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto