We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low/high season

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
low/high season

when exactly does high season end and low begin this year?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low/high season

Low season normally begins in mid April. High season begins on Christmas Day.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: low/high season

My husband and I are looking at going april 28 - may 5th. Our original plans were May 5th - May 12th. Would we notice a difference between the two weeks in terms of crowds?

We usually go to mexico later in May, but after all the rain we experienced last year, we thought earlier might be betterl

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: low/high season

You won't notice a difference. It will be moderate to low crowds.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: low/high season

KyMichelle-we went almost the same week last year (4/29-5/5) and it was fine. We didn't play the towel/chair games and never had a problem finding a group of 4 shaded loungers by the pool. During the middle of the week it was so slow we even snagged a group that had 2 shadded & 2 loungers in the pools.

The weather was beautiful and the beach was perfect for swimming so perhaps thats why it was slower around the pool. We never found a shaded palapa at the beach but we also never went down there earlier than noon or so. I'm sure with a little more effort on our part we could have found something better.

We never had a wait at any of the restaurants either. We did notice that the sports bar was a little more crowded than our two previous visits but that didn't bother us any, it didn't rain at all so the band & DJ played every night.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
368 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: low/high season

Thanks for the responses - my husband and I just booked now and starting our countdown. We've stayed at CRT previously and loved it and were excited that VIM was almost the same price as CRT, so decided to try it. Here's hoping we have a vacation without the downpours we had last year!

6. Re: low/high season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto