We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIM late April 2013

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
VIM late April 2013

anyone going late April? First timers - can't wait!!

Cave Diving in Mexico
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Texas
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIM late April 2013

We booked a different resort this year since we've been to VIM the last 3 years/visits. Last year we were there in late April/early May for the 1st time and had the best weather ever, hopefully you can say the same when you're there.

Have a great trip!

Bridgewater...
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIM late April 2013

Thanks & same to you!

Chicago Il.
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIM late April 2013

may 1st

Mike

Pendleton, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIM late April 2013

April 23-30 1st timer

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIM late April 2013

April 4-9 for our 5th anniversary.

Expecting a great trip.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIM late April 2013

Were going 4/8-4/17....We stayed at SMB for our honeymoon last June so it will be intresting to compare the 2 resorts.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIM late April 2013

The difference between the 2 resorts is level of service and depending on the week your there the wave action at VIMs beach. VIM's beach is not as protected so you might get more waves. While I've never been to SMB I'm sure that you won't get as good of service at the VIM or another words you have to get off your chair at the beach or pool at the VIM to get a drink or 2. You might wait a few minutes longer to get seated for dinner at the VIM also the food might not be as fancy at the VIM but still very good. I think you'll like the pool better at the VIM. During the evening the VIM has a festive atmoshpere and we found it easy to talk to other guests when we were there. There's plenty of activities. There as well. The best part is that as a guess your saving around 1000+ per couple verses the SMB. If your self sufficent you might not notice or care about it. Just rember the the extra 1000 is in your pocket not the SMB's at the end of the week.

NYC
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIM late April 2013

My wife and I stayed at SMB in 2009 and are headed to VIM on 4/6. SMB has the finest beach I've ever seen, and I've been to several beautiful ones. When I checked the pricing in early January the price difference was $1600 from the basic room at SMB to a swim-up at VIM. So VIM here we come. Just 28 more days!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: VIM late April 2013

My friend and I will be there on 4/23-4/30. This is our first trip to VIM and we are very excited !!!

Boston
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: VIM late April 2013

We are there 4/23-4/30

Get answers to your questions about Playa del Secreto