We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Been to Bermuda a few times would a hotel like Pink Beaches be able to cater for a baby of say 6 months or would I be better at somewhere like Elbow beach hotel?

How many miles is Pink Beaches to Hamilton? - i.e. how much is the Taxi cost?

I must admit I do love the beach at Elbow having stayed in Coco Reef a couple of times - is the beach at Pink Beaches very isolated? - from Elbow you can walk to Warwick long bay and Horshoe bay - but I'm not aware of much around Pink Beaches?

USA
Level Contributor
27,107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

You're probably going to be better off at a large, fill-service resort hotel like Elbow Beach. There will be shuttle or golf cart service between the main building at the top of the hill and the Lido/Sea Breeze/Mickey's restaurant complex and the bach below. There are also new bathrooms and changing facilities and a shower down at the beach..chaise lounges and umbrellsa and beach attendants...and direct access to Mickey's for fod and drinks.

As for the walk from Elbow Beach to Warwick Long Bay, this is a couple of miles, along winding roads with no sidewalks, up and down hills along most of the route. If you've walked it in the past...the odds are slim to none that you're going to try it with an infant. The sheltered stops for the #7 bus is located just at the end EBH's entrance drive...and I'll bet that with an infant in tow...you can find hotel personnel who will drive you out to the end of the drive in a shuttle van or golf cart.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Your right - I'd forgotten about the walk with the baby ;-)........... plus it will be a little too hot for the baby to be pushed that distance. Getting on the bus is that much easier

It was more the proximity of those beaches whereas at Tuckers town not really sure what else there is around that area - unless your really into Golf I dont think theres much?

Elbow beach area/Coco Reef has to be one of the best locations I guess....... Somewhere like Reefs is nice but never has any availability unless you book it 'just as you are born' ;-)

USA
Level Contributor
27,107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Not sure if it was so during your last visit...but there is now a concessionaire operating at WARWICK LONG BAY that rents lounge chairs, beach umbrellas (an essential bit of gear with an infant) and snorkeling gear (sorry..no infant-sized fins & masks), if you decide to ride out by bus with your infant. Toilet / Changing facilities here are still the basic Porta-Potti sort...but adequate for basic need.....and though it may still be a bit too soon for a 6 mo. old to be climbing about on the colorful apparatus, there is now a nice children's playground above the beach, along the South Road. The bus stop is right at the entrance to the beach and the walk down (and back up again) from here is relatively short.

Level Contributor
1,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Not sure what it takes to take care of a six month old while away..but, PBC is small and quaint, with 2 beautiful secluded beaches...Where Elbow is huge...AT PBC they go out there way for their guests..Actually, while we were there there was a 5-6 month old there too....Depends what your looking for..We went to Elbow Beach for dinner and I didnt like it there at all..I didnt even really like the beach view...Just my opinion, of course...Pink Beach is also nicer then Coco Reefs...It was a 15 minute cab ride to Hamilton, and to St George

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Thanks for the responses - really is appreciated even if I come across badly in my English some times :-)

I tried booking at Pink Beaches with an infant in an Ocean Front suite but it says that they dont cater for infants (e.g. with Expedia you cant book with an infant in a decent room) - so I will call direct

Think I will book with PBC just for the change of scenery (and we can always get a bus/taxi to this part of Bermuda) - proximity to Hamilton at 15 minutes is useful - certainly more so than some of the hotels West of say the Reefs........... We have been past there but it was by bus coming back from some regular travelling and its therefore difficult to gauge how long a Taxi ride would take sometimes

We will, in any case have to be very careful of the sun with a child...... My wife was commenting that some of the restaurants may not be that infant friendly - and I must admit that if I was eating my dinner I wouldnt want some infant either screaming, or feeding close by.......;-)................ Probably not appropriate at somewhere like Barracuda Grill - so we may try some others

Could you recommend some potentially infant friendly restaurants - will be looking to stay for about 6 nights (on the way back from Toronto to the UK)

Level Contributor
1,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Not sure..But if you do the Map plan at PBC, you can est inside or outside...Outside is much more casual ..and has a large menu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

Ok - will look at this

rgds

8. Re: Pink beaches or Elbow beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tucker's Town