We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

I have been reading the posts, looking at the web sites and still have a bit of difficulty of finding a simple cabin by the lake (be it Oxbow or any other lake), where we could rent a canoe, spend some relaxing time on the lake.

All the cabins I looked at had much more then we need, like TV, wifi, even a housekeeping. Are there any simple rustic cabins on the lake with canoe/kayak that you would recommend?

thank you

ontario
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

HI! I'm not sure if you've already found your answer but I have in the past stayed at Parkway cottage resort. They have housekeeping cottages and they are not super rustic but not super modern either. The price is really good and they have canoes and paddle boats and kayaks that you can use for free with your stay. You can use them all day long if you want, travel to the falls and oxtongue etc. The cottages have bbq's, fridge, stove, microwaves but no tv's. i brought my mom there last september as she is older and doesn't camp but it was spare enough and not to spare. Might be worth a look. I have lots of photos and more info if you need it, just email me.

Hope you have fun whatever you do!

c

http://www.parkwayresort.ca/

12. Re: Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 pm, May 29, 2014
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

If you are reading the words "housekeeping" in the description of a rental unit, it means that the client cleans up. Usually you are given the basic amenities for keeping house; kitchen appliances, dishes, furniture. The British call this "self-catered". "Housekeeping" is a type of accommodation, not a service included with rental.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

Old post from 2012

15. Re: Simple cabin accommodation near Algonquin park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 09, 2014